Southern Title showcases real estate news and information, company updates, interesting articles and much more…
Southern Title is working to make you a more effective real estate agent. See our Classes page for information on our training and development events that are licensed by the Louisiana Real Estate Commission for continuing education credits.
External RSS Feeds
- Data Connect now available to Encompass users May 22, 2018Ellie Mae’s Data Connect now is available to lenders using its Encompass digital mortgage solution. Read on for more details.
- Notarize gains $20 million in funding May 22, 2018Notarize has gained $20 million through a new round of funding led by Polaris Partners, Lennar Corp., Peter Thiel’s Founders Fund, Fifth Wall Ventures, Second Century Ventures and Realogy Holdings Corp.’s Title Resource Group.
- Iberiabank’s quarterly title revenues increase May 22, 2018Iberiabank Corp., whose holdings include 24 title insurance offices, reported an increase in first-quarter title revenues. CEO Daryl Byrd said the corporation’s first-quarter results either met or exceeded internal expectations and that Iberia is on track to achieve its 2018 financial guidance.
- Nevada homeowners most likely to move this quarter May 22, 2018Homeowners in in Nevada, Delaware, Florida, Colorado and Virginia are the most likely to move during this year’s second quarter, according to a new report. Read on for more details.
- Southern Title associates gain credentials May 22, 2018Two Southern Title associates have become licensed Florida title agents. Read on for more details.
- BuyerDocs Unveils Service That Sends Wire Instructions Via Text May 24, 2018BuyerDocs recently launched a service that allows companies to send text/call notifications to alert homebuyers of their wiring instructions. This is an additional notification to the email the homebuyer also receives. Here's an example of the text message homebuyers receive: The dialog for the phone call notification is created using...ALTA Blog
- ALTA Promotes Capitol Hill Day on Pandora May 15, 2018ALTA is advertising on Pandora to inform members of Congress and their staff about our upcoming Advocacy Summit and Capitol Hill day on May 23. Below is an image of the ad and you can also listen to the recording. Pandora_recording How Congress Can Help Fix Consumer Confusion When Buying...ALTA Blog
- How Congress Can Help Fix Consumer Confusion When Buying a Home May 10, 2018Pass TRID Improvement Act Under the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau’s (CFPB) TILA-RESPA Integrated Disclosures (TRID) rule, title insurance companies are not permitted to disclose available discounts for title insurance on TRID’s required disclosure forms. This creates inconsistencies in mortgage documents, causes confusion for homebuyers and undermines trust in the homebuying...ALTA Blog
- What Do Consumers Really Want from the Mortgage Process? May 8, 2018Consumers are getting more comfortable with a digital mortgage process but still want someone to hold their hand and explain things to them when buying a home, according to Ellie Mae’s second annual Borrower Insights Survey. Ellie Mae surveyed 3,006 U.S. adults who are current homeowners and renters above the...ALTA Blog
- Make an Impact: Share Your Story May 3, 2018ALTA needs your help! This time each year, ALTA strives to leave a lasting impression on Congress. We want members of Congress not only to know what title insurance is and how it benefits consumers, but also who we are as title insurance professionals and what we do for each...ALTA Blog
- Existing home sales take a 2.5% tumble May 24, 2018The bulk of potential homebuyers cannot buy homes. That is the long and short of the issue. Existing home sales fell 2.5%, according to the National Association of Realtors' monthly report, and it doesn't look like things will change any time soon.
- Trelix unveils a closing services solution May 23, 2018Trelix, a provider of real estate, mortgage and technology services, announced the launch of a closing services solution that aims at helping mortgage lenders settle their loans. It will also provide a full suite of end-to-end fulfillment services for customers.
- New home sales slip 1.5%, inventory rises to a nine-year high May 23, 2018New home sales fell by 1.5% in April, but industry professionals seem unconcerned and predict a continued upward trend in new home sales going forward.
- Real estate tech startup First.io raises $5M in Series A funding round May 22, 2018Tech startup First.io announced Tuesday it raised $5 million in its Series A funding round. Chicago-based startup investors MATH Venture Partners, Nine Four Ventures, and @properties’ co-founders Thad Wong and Mike Golden, leading the investment round.
- Curious about inclusionary housing? Check out this handy-dandy map May 22, 2018Hearing a lot of buzz about inclusionary housing but unsure of what it means or where it's going down? Grounded Solutions Network has you covered. The affordable housing advocacy group recently released an interactive map tracking inclusionary housing efforts in the U.S. Read all about it here.
- President Trump signs Dodd-Frank rollback into law May 24, 2018President Donald Trump signed a major Dodd-Frank rollback into law Thursday, hoping to bring regulatory relief to community banks across the U.S. The president explained Dodd-Frank’s costly regulations gave large banks a negative advantage at the cost of small banks throughout the country.
- Freddie Mac: Mortgage rates haven't risen this consistently in 40 years May 24, 2018Mortgage rates haven't risen this consistently to start a year in more than 40 years, according to Freddie Mac’s latest Primary Mortgage Market survey. “Through May, rates have risen in 15 out of the first 21 weeks, which is the highest share since Freddie Mac began tracking this data for a full year in 1972,” Freddie Mac Chief […]
- Boise poised at the right angle for housing growth May 24, 2018Treasure Valley, indeed! The data used for the VeroFORECAST shows the Boise-Nampa MSA has a very tight 1.7 months supply of homes, meaning that if no listings were added and demand continued at the current rate, everything currently for sale would be gone in about seven weeks.
- Podcast: Freddie Mac reveals plans to help lenders in challenging lending environment May 24, 2018At the Mortgage Bankers Association Secondary conference in New York City, I sat down with Freddie Mac to discuss the latest trends in the secondary market. To put it simply – times are tough for lenders as they face increased seasonality changes and fierce competition.
- Mortgage applicants may not always be intentionally fraudulent May 24, 2018[Op-ed] Information is shared rapidly but information is only information. It does not mean it is accurate information. Investigation is usually warranted. Communication is key. Speak to colleagues, managers, borrowers, title, and ask questions about anything that doesn't make sense.
- NAHB: Multifamily demand remains strong despite supply issues May 24, 2018The National Association of Home Builders released the results from its quarterly survey on production and occupancy conditions. According to NAHB, the multifamily market is stable with strong demand on the horizon.
- MBA Secondary: The industry's appetite for non-QM is growing May 23, 2018One thing that stood out at the MBA Secondary Marketing conference this year was the growing appetite for non-QM loans. It’s a tough market, and the easy loans where borrowers neatly line up with qualified mortgage standards are harder and harder to find. That’s one reason the non-QM market is predicted to grow by 400% over the next year.
- Quicken Loans sister company In-House Realty acquires ForSaleByOwner.com May 23, 2018In-House Realty, which like Quicken Loans is a subsidiary of Rock Holdings, announced this week that it purchased ForSaleByOwner.com, a real estate site where homeowners can market their home. In-House Realty is a digital platform for matching consumers with real estate agents, and the move to acquire ForSaleByOwner.com appears to be part of a larger move to develop […]
- Morningstar: Five cities determine major apartment REIT performance May 23, 2018The lion's share of the nation's multifamily business is concentrated in five cities, and these cities appear to be in for a dip in performance. Some investors think it's going to seriously affect REIT performance; others say it's nothing to worry about.
- MBA Secondary: Can Fannie and Freddie help fix the housing shortage? May 23, 2018Desmond Smith, senior vice president and head of customer delivery at Fannie Mae, and Kevin Palmer, senior vice president of single-family credit risk transfer at Freddie Mac, outlined their agencies’ efforts to make the entire mortgage process simpler and easier. And that’s a good thing since the agencies facilitate the lion’s share — maybe even the elephant’s […]