Southern Title showcases real estate news and information, company updates, interesting articles and much more…
Southern Title is working to make you a more effective real estate agent. See our Classes page for information on our training and development events that are licensed by the Louisiana Real Estate Commission for continuing education credits.
External RSS Feeds
- A look back at LandAmerica purchase March 20, 2018It was late in 2008 that the Big Five in title became the Big Four. As the Big Four is set to become the Big Three following the announcement of Fidelity National Financial’s (FNF) buyout of Stewart Information Services Corp., it is worth looking back to the last major deal that shook the title landscape.
- Fidelity: Synergies could include cuts March 20, 2018In considering its bid for Stewart Information Services Corp., Fidelity Chairman William P. Foley, II said the company identified an estimated $135 million in operational cost synergies. Although some of the synergies are expected to come in services, technologies and activities, Fidelity said non-complementary facilities also could be closing.
- Analyst: Stewart sale likely to clear regulators March 20, 2018Fidelity National Financial, Inc.’s proposed acquisition of Stewart Information Services Corp. shouldn’t have a problem clearing federal regulators, according to a top analyst.
- Law firm investigating Stewart sale March 19, 2018While federal regulators weigh whether Fidelity National Financial, Inc.’s agreement to acquire Stewart Information Services Corp. would harm consumers, a New York City law firm is investigating whether the deal is good for Stewart’s shareholders.
- Fidelity ‘not sure’ how FTC will view Stewart acquisition March 19, 2018The chairman of Fidelity National Financial, Inc. said he’s not sure how the Federal Trade Commission will view the company’s agreement to acquire Stewart Information Services Corp. for $1.2 billion in cash and stock.
- 2030 Marks Important Milestone for U.S. Population, Housing Market March 15, 2018The year 2030 marks an important demographic turning point in U.S. history, according to the U.S. Census Bureau’s 2017 National Population Projections. Why? By 2030, all baby boomers will be older than age 65. This will expand the size of the older population so that one in every five residents...ALTA Blog
- Our Values In Action February 22, 2018A company’s values are the cornerstone of its culture. They are the basis of how a business functions. They set you apart from the competition, make you unique and are essential to achieving an organization’s goals. Last year, ALTA unveiled its Our Values initiative. The values are: We Lead: We...ALTA Blog
- Boost Your Marketing Efforts With These New Ads February 8, 2018ALTA and its Homebuyer Outreach Program Committee have developed several new advertisements for members to use as handouts to first-time hombuyers, ads for real estate clients or flyers in coffee shops. Members can customize material and download PDFs for free or order prints that can be delivered directly to your...ALTA Blog
- Watch the Brand New ALTA SPRINGBOARD Video! February 7, 2018Let's face it, we could tell you until we're blue in the face how perfect ALTA SPRINGBOARD is for you and your organization. But when you want to try something new, who do you go to for an honest opinion? Your friends! Take a look at this short video of...ALTA Blog
- The Need for Change Management January 11, 2018“Create a compelling vision, one that takes people to a new place, and then translate that vision into a reality.” —Warren Bennis, On Becoming a Leader By Natalie I. Lancaster We live in an era of constant change. Nothing stays the same. Change comes in many forms. It could be...ALTA Blog
- Renters Warehouse names Nolan Jacobson executive vice president of finance March 20, 2018Renters Warehouse, a property management company that specializes in managing rental houses, announced recently that it hired Nolan Jacobson to serve as the company’s executive vice president of finance. Prior to joining Renters Warehouse, Jacobson worked as the treasurer of Silver Bay Realty Trust, a real estate investment trust that owned and operated single-family rental […]
- St. Louis landlords reach $625,000 settlement over 20 years of alleged sexual harassment March 19, 2018Two St. Louis landlords will pay a fine of $625,000 and are banned from serving as property managers as part of a settlement with the Department of Justice, which accused one of the landlords of sexually harassing more than a dozen female residents over a 20-year period.
- This is why Millennials have yet to flood housing market March 19, 2018Millennials are the largest living generation, however, according to Freddie Mac’s March Insight report, they are falling short of dominating the housing market. With the youngest Millennial turning 24 this year, many are beginning to wonder what’s keeping the largest generation since the Baby Boomers from entering the housing market, and what will happen when […]
- Housing inventory relief could be coming soon March 19, 2018Although current housing inventory continues to slip, driving up home prices and limiting homebuyers across the U.S., one expert says that could all be about to change. After analyzing February’s housing starts and construction employment data, First American Financial Corp. found the housing inventory shortage could soon see relief.
- Monday Morning Cup of Coffee: Gloves come off in Warren vs. Mulvaney March 19, 2018The battle between Sen. Elizabeth Warren, D-Mass., and CFPB Acting Director Mick Mulvaney just hit a whole other level. Warren, the architect of the CFPB, accused Mulvaney of ignoring or providing “evasive, misleading, or incomplete answers” to more than 100 questions asked of him by Democrats about the CFPB's activities. But Warren’s letter isn’t just […]
- ComplianceEase integrates with Fannie Mae's Desktop Underwriter March 20, 2018Automated compliance solutions provider ComplianceEase announced Tuesday it has fully integrated its 4506xpress income verification solution with Fannie Mae’s Desktop Underwriter platform and is now part of the GSE's Day 1 Certainty program. Now, the company meets Fannie Mae’s standards for income verification, eliminating the need for reverification of IRS Form 4506-T.
- Nations Reliable Lending rebrands, becomes NRL Mortgage March 20, 2018Nations Reliable Lending, a Houston-based mortgage lender that operates more than 70 locations in 45 states, is rebranding. Going forward, the company will be known as NRL Mortgage. The company said that one of the goals of the rebrand is to grow its retail lending platform.
- Freddie Mac, LoanBeam partner to automate income calculation for self-employed borrowers March 20, 2018Last year, Freddie Mac added some technological muscle to its Loan Advisor Suite, partnering with LoanBeam to improve the income verification capabilities of its underwriting program. Now, Freddie Mac and LoanBeam are making that automated income calculation available for self-employed borrowers.
- Angel Oak hiring 30 loan officers for new operations center March 20, 2018Angel Oak Mortgage Solutions just opened a new operations center in Las Colinas, Texas, which is also home to HousingWire HQ, woot! Angel Oak is a leader in non-QM lending and is on the lookout for lending professionals such as you!
- TMS unveils homeownership platform Happinest March 20, 2018On Tuesday, which also happens to be International Happiness Day, TMS announced the launch of its new homeownership platform, Happinest, a free online resource center for its members. The fintech company explained the new platform moves its mission beyond mortgage lending, to becoming a one-stop shop for homeownership.
- Freddie Mac selling $116 million in non-performing loans to Goldman Sachs subsidiary March 19, 2018Over the last few years, Goldman Sachs used its "significant subsidiary" MTGLQ Investors to buy billions and billions in loans from both of the GSEs. Now, MTGLQ Investors is buying more than $116 million in non-performing loans from Freddie Mac in its latest deal.
- First of its kind? Angel Oak securitizes $90 million in fix-and-flip loans March 16, 2018In a deal the company claims is a first of its kind, Angel Oak Capital Advisors recently completed a $90 million securitization backed by fix-and-flip loans. The securitization’s structure is unique because the terms of the underlying loans expire before the securitization does. As such, new loans will replace the paid-off loans in the securitization.
- Bloomberg: U.S. posts biggest budget deficit since 2012 March 12, 2018"The data underscore concerns by some economists that Republican tax cuts enacted this year could increase the U.S. government debt load, which has surpassed $20 trillion. The tax changes are expected to reduce federal revenue by more than $1 trillion over the next decade, while a $300 billion spending deal reached by Congress in February […]
- Short-term financing option charts return to mortgage lending March 9, 2018Raise your hand if you lived through the Great Recession. Now keep your hand raised if you can define Asset-Backed Commercial Paper. If you put your hand down, then truth be told, you didn’t really live through the Great Recession. You may have survived it, but to have lived it, is to know what caused it.
- Mayer Brown partner James Tanenbaum resigns after allegations of inappropriate conduct surface March 8, 2018James Tanenbaum, a well-known capital markets specialist, resigned from his position as a partner at Mayer Brown this week after allegations that he engaged in inappropriate conduct at his former firm surfaced. Tanenbaum began working at Mayer Brown just over a week ago, but resigned Thursday after several legal industry publications published articles detailing Tanenbaum’s […]